This Autumn, to look amazing, focus on bold colours, strong lips and glossy skin.
This is the season to experiment with colour, and products, and new techniques to get your Autumn glow happening.
Here are 5 tips from MAC’s Carol Mackie to get you on track.
- Colour Burst: Bold colours on either lips, cheeks or eyes are all a hit this Autumn. “I’m seeing a lot of mustard, khaki, and greys on the eyes, muted earth tones with either matte or cream textures in organic shapes on the lid but still with individuality, so it’s a shape that’s unique to each eye that feels natural, not contrived,” explains Carol Mackie from MAC cosmetics.
- Matte Lip: Matte lips are great because they not only look great, but stay on. I love them in cooler weather. “There’s something about a matte finish lip that’s so sophisticated on anyone, softer Autumn colours give it that effortless look,” adds Carole.
- Strobing: This is basically a new form of highlighting the face. Carole explains: “As makeup artists we’ve contoured and highlighted the skin for years and now we have new innovation in products that allows us to create a different type of dimension on the skin. Highlighting by adding luminosity that catches the light and looks like real skin rather than a strip of white sitting on the surface.
- Skincare: In terms of skin care, a new season is always a good time to switch things up: “Swap lighter moisturisers for richer creamier products and try oils to combat loss of moisture during cooler months,” says Carole.
- Exfoliate AND change the texture of your foundation: “When it comes to applying makeup on skin that’s dry and flaky nothing will look good!,” says Carole. ” Take care of your skin in winter and switch your foundation to a Creamier finish to help maintain healthy looking skin throughout the day. Use a powder that is non-drying such as M.A.C Studio Careblend Pressed Powder that’s enriched with ingredients to help the skin feel conditioned and comfortable.”