Why HIIT may be the best insider secret for staying fit when traveling.
Many travellers want to stay fit when travelling, but it can be a challenge with long haul flights, late nights eating heavy meals, and lots of drinks at the bar.
Finding the energy and time to wake up early and go for a run can be a challenge.
But HIIT workouts might be the solution, as they don’t take much time, can be done anywhere and burn a huge amount of calories.
Many insiders are saying HIIT might just be the secret for staying fit when travelling. Here are some reasons why HIIT might be your best asset on your next trip away:
- HIIT workouts are time-efficient: When traveling, time is often limited. HIIT workouts involve short bursts of intense exercise followed by rest periods. This means you can get a full-body workout in as little as 20-30 minutes.
- No equipment necessary: Many HIIT exercises can be performed using your body weight, which makes it easy to fit in a workout no matter where you are. This is especially convenient when traveling, as you don’t need to worry about finding a gym or packing heavy equipment. A park, beach or even a hotel room can be the perfect place to workout.
- Burns more calories: HIIT workouts burn more calories in a shorter amount of time than other types of exercise, such as steady-state cardio. This makes it an effective way to stay fit and burn off any extra calories you may consume while indulging on a holiday.
- Increases cardiovascular fitness: HIIT workouts are known for improving cardiovascular fitness, which is important for your overall health and wellness. This can help with endurance and stamina during travel, whether it’s walking around a new city or taking on a more physically demanding activity.
- Can be modified for any fitness level: HIIT workouts can be modified to fit any fitness level, from beginner to advanced. This makes it a great option for anyone including travellers who may not have access to a personal trainer or fitness professional.
- You can use YouTube for guidance: There are many different levels and tips of HIIT workouts online and they are free, again king it super easy to ensure you step up and do a workout every day when travelling.
Overall, HIIT is a great option for staying fit when traveling due to its time efficiency, convenience, calorie-burning benefits, and ability to improve cardiovascular fitness.
Incorporating HIIT workouts into your travel routine can help you maintain your fitness level, feel more energized, and make the most of your time on the road.