It might sound impossible , and there are simple ways to stay slim when travelling the won’t take away form your trip.
This is the topic I am asked about most – how to stay slim whilst travelling, and how to avoid the dreaded holiday weight gain.
And with some planning and mental note taking before your big trip, it is not difficult to put some simple measures in place before you leave for your adventure.
Whether going to a major city, and staying in luxury hotels and eating in the finest restaurants, there are simple ways to stay slim.
- Plan ahead: Before you leave for your trip, research the food options available at your destination. Look for healthy restaurants or markets that offer fresh, whole foods.
- Consider packing healthy snacks and supplements like Lock Bars, nuts, or protein powders to avoid resorting to junk food an to ensure you keep your supplements high.
- Stay hydrated: Drinking water throughout the day can help control your appetite and prevent overeating. Carry a refillable water bottle with you and make sure to drink enough water, especially if you’re in a hot climate.
- Walk more: Use public transportation or walk instead of taking taxis or rental cars. You can burn calories while sightseeing by walking or hiking. Also, take advantage of any opportunities to explore your destination by foot or bicycle.
- Avoid overeating: When dining out, avoid overeating by sharing dishes or ordering smaller portions.
- Choose healthier options: Opt for salads, grilled meats and vegetables, and avoid deep-fried food as much as you can.
- Consider intermittent fasting: Eating three meals a day can eat its a lot of sight-seeing time when you are away. Eliminating breakfast and starting your food consumption at lunch time can greatly reduce your calorie intake and increase the time you have to enjoy your new location.
- Again having healthy snacks close by during the day can ensure you are not starving by the time you sit down for a meal, as if you are you will be more likely to over eat and to eat calorie loaded food.
- Limit alcohol consumption: Alcohol is high in calories and can contribute to weight gain. Limit your alcohol intake and opt for lighter drinks such as wine, beer or cocktails made with soda water.